The term “hunk” is not limited to beautiful and gorgeous straight men. It is also applicable to sexy, stunning gay men who are endowed with godly good looks. Gay hunks are as sexy if not sexier than straight hunks and there are definitely a lot of gay hunks in the world. Here is my list of ten famous gay personalities who are (and were once) gorgeous hunks.
Note: I am going to start the list from the tenth spot.
10. George Michael. He is an English musician, singer-songwriter and record producer. He rose to fame in the 1980s when he formed the pop duo Wham! His first solo single, “Careless Whisper” sold about six million copies worldwide. His music can be described as very sexually provocative. He may not look like a hunk now but he was definitely incredibly sexy when he was younger. Michael owes his godly good looks to his Greek lineage.
09. Nate Berkus. I have often wondered who that hot interior designer/decorator is on The Oprah Winfrey Show. To my delight, he was featured as the show’s design expert and the world came to know more about this handsome, creative hunk. At a young age, Berkus has always had the passion for interior design and decorating. In 2004, he lost his partner, photographer Fernando Bengoechea, in the Asian Tsunamis while they were vacationing in Sri Lanka.
08. Rupert Everett. Everett is an English actor who first came to public attention in 1981, when he was cast in Julian Mitchell’s play and subsequent film Another Country. He played an openly gay student at an English public school, set in the 1930s. Among his more popular films were My Best Friend’s Wedding (opposite popstar Madonna), The Next Best Thing and the Shrek sequels.
07. Adam Lambert. Adam Lambert became popular on the American Idol stage during its eight season. Even then, he was already fearless. He was considered by many as one of the talent show’s most talented and most daring contestants ever. At the 2009 American Music Awards he shocked everyone when he closed the show with simulated oral sex from his male backup dancer, and a guy-on-guy kiss with his keyboardist. The next day he released his debut album “For Your Entertainment”. Lambert proved to the world that he has what it takes to be out and mainstream in the music industry.
06. Lance Bass. The former *NSYNC member came out when rumors of his relationship with gay Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl began after it was reported that he and Lehmkuhl were seen at a gay bar in Massachusetts. In his memoir, Out of Sync, he wrote that he hid his sexuality to protect *NSYNC’s phenomenal fame.
05. Reichen Lehmkuhl. Reichen was the winner of Amazing Race Season 4, along with then partner Chip Arndt. He attended the United States Air Force Academy and graduated in 1996. After five years of service in the Air Force, he was honorably discharged and has become an advocate for equal gay rights in the military. He is a spokesperson for the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network. When Reichen moved to Los Angeles, he was discovered by a modeling agency and later by the casting director of the reality series Amazing Race. He gained additional media attention when his relationship with former ‘N Sync singer Lance Bass was made public. He has starred in Frasier, The Drew Carey Show, Days of Our Lives , The Young & the Restless and Dante’s Cove.
04. J.P. Calderon. He is an American professional volleyball player, model and reality television star. His first appearance on television was as one of the castaways on Survivor: Cook Islands. After Survivor, he returned to television by appearing in several seasons of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency. The third episode saw Calderon being approached to appear on the cover of Instinct magazine, a publication that requires that its male cover models be openly gay. Calderon came out on his appearance in the February 2007 issue of Instinct.
03. Ricky Martin. Martin was a member of the popular band Menudo before launching his solo career in 1991 and went on to sell more than 60 million albums worldwide. He came out on March 29, 2010 on his website. “These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn’t even know existed. I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man.”
02. Rock Hudson. Hudson is one of Hollywood’s most famous and greatest actors. He has starred in countless films and has won four World Film Favorite: Male Actor Golden Globe awards between 1959 to 1963. His brilliant acting in “Giant” earned him an Oscar Best Actor nomination in 1956. Hudson did not disclose his sexuality until his HIV status provoked widespread public discussion of his homosexuality. In 1985, Hudson passed away. He was one of the first major Hollywood celebrities to die from an AIDS-related illness. Hudson was quoted as saying, “I am not happy that I am sick. I am not happy that I have AIDS. But if that is helping others, I can at least know that my own misfortune has had some positive worth.”
01. Marlon Brando. Like, Hudson, Marlon Brando is considered one of the pillars of Hollywood. According to St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture, he was,”Unchallenged as the most important actor in modern American Cinema”. Brando exudes a raw animal magnetism. He had a significant impact on film acting, and was the foremost example of the “method” acting style. He is widely considered as one of the greatest and most influential actors of the 20th century. His role in The Godfather as Don Vito Corleone is probably one of his greatest roles. In his 1976 biography The Only Contender, Brando said, “Homosexuality is so much in fashion it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences and I am not ashamed. I have never paid much attention to what people think about me.”